Upgrading to LineageOS 16.0
1. (Optional) Make a backup of your important data
2. Download the build either from download portal or built in Updater app
o You can export the downloaded package from the Updater app to the sdcard by long-pressing it and then selecting “Export” in the popup menu
3. Download proper addons packages (GApps, su…) for Android 9.0/Lineage OS 16.0
4. Make sure your recovery and firmware are up to date
5. Format your system partition
6. Follow the “Installing LineageOS from recovery” section on your device’s installation page
Please note that if you’re currently on an official build, you DO NOT need to wipe your device.
If you are installing from an unofficial build, you MUST wipe data from recovery before installing.
LineageOS 15.1 and 16.0 changelog
- It’s now possible to set custom automatic update check intervals in the updater (never / once a day, once a week / once a month)
- Calculator now supports dark mode through Styles API
- Added “Mark as read” action in messages notifications
- Exchange support
- December 2018, January 2019 and February 2019 security patches have been merged
- Webview has been updated to Chromium 71.0.3578.99
Goodbye LineageOS 14.1
The Nougat-based release has been discontinued and the last builds were published on February 7th, 2019. The branches will not be locked, so it’ll still be open for contributions such as security patches, as the 13.0 and 11.0 branches that have been getting security patches backported by the community. LineageOS 15.1 will remain under active development, but don’t expect new features to come since the majority of the developers have jumped to the Pie branch.
It is also important to note that though at the moment no devices are jumping directly from 14.1 to 16.0, any devices which do so in the future will need to wipe data, and follow the instructions on the device’s wiki page, as we don’t officially support migrating data from 14.1 to 16.0 for a variety of reasons.
As announced in the previous blog post we have moved away from Jira in favor of GitLab issues for bug reporting.
The wiki has received a visual update to match the main website.
LineageOS 16.0 translations are available in Crowdin for those who’d like to contribute by translating LineageOS into their native language.
Just as in the previous version, all the supported devices must meet all the requirements stated in the device-support charter.
Additionally, certain devices will be built on both supported versions in order to allow builds on a newer branch for users who would like a newer version while retaining support for the older version when certain critical device-specific features were lost to incompatibility in the newer branch.