How to install LineageOS from recovery
1. Download the LineageOS install package that you’d like to install or build the package yourself.
· Optionally, download 3rd party application packages such as Google Apps (use the arm architecture)
2. Place the LineageOS .zip package, as well as any other .zip packages on the root of /sdcard:
· Using adb: adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
· You can use any method you are comfortable with. adb is universal across all devices, and works both in Android and recovery mode, providing USB debugging is enabled.
3. If you aren’t already in recovery, reboot into recovery:
· With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Home + Power.
4. (Optional, but recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
5. Select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe.
6. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
7. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install.
8. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
9. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
10. (Optional): Install any additional packages using the same method.
NOTE: If you want any Google Apps on your device, you must follow this step before the first reboot!
11. (Optional): Root the device by installing the LineageOS su add-on (use the arm package) or using any other method you prefer.
12. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.